Monte Carlo allows developers to programmatically manage its data observability service using:
- API: Monte Carlo exposes a rich GraphQL API. This is the same API that powers Monte Carlo's web-based application and therefore offers a broad range of capabilities.
- SDK: Developers can also use the python SDK to more conveniently access all of Monte Carlo’s APIs.
- CLI: To simplify certain onboarding and integration operations, developers can install and use command line interface (CLI).
- Providers: To use/include Monte Carlo in orchestration tools.
For instance, using Circuit breakers to stop pipelines when data does not meet a set of quality or integrity thresholds.
- Monitors as code (IaC + CLI): To deploy monitors as part of a CI/CD process.
An API key is required to authenticate calls.
To create an API key, please visit the API settings page on your Monte Carlo dashboard and click Create Key.
In addition, you can create an API key from Monte Carlo's onboarding wizard.
Updated 3 months ago