Admin credentials required
To complete this guide, you will need Tableau admin credentials.
This guide explains how to create a service account for Monte Carlo on Tableau.
To review all steps necessary to integrate a BI tool with Monte Carlo, please see here.
To create a service account:
- Please sign in to your Tableau instance with your admin credentials.
- Go to the Users page, and click Add Users > Add Users by Email.
- Create a new user for Monte Carlo with the Site Administrator Creator role. You will need to use a real email address to activate and select a password for the account.
Please note that due to limitations in Tableau's permission structure, Monte Carlo requires the read/write role Site Administrator Creator. However, Monte Carlo uses Tableau's APIs in a read-only manner and will never modify any of your Tableau configurations.
When using Monte Carlo's onboarding wizard, please provide the following details to validate and complete the integration:
- User and Password: Please provide the credentials you chose while creating the service account.
- Server Name and Site Name: To find out your server and site names, please visit your Tableau account in your browser, and check the URL in your browser’s address bar. For example:
Updated 4 days ago
Modifying an existing Tableau connection? See: