To deploy the data collector in your AWS environment, you will:
- Obtain your account's data collector template by signing up to Monte Carlo.
- Create the data collector CloudFormation stack in your AWS account.
If you do not wish to host the data collector in your environment, please contact your representative to deploy it in Monte Carlo's environment.
- Please create your Monte Carlo account by visiting the sign up page. If someone else on your team has already created an account, please reach out to them to obtain the template.
- Follow the onboarding steps to reach the "Install data collector" step, where you will have a link to your account's CloudFormation template. Please note: the link is specific to your account and cannot be shared across accounts.
- Please make sure you are signed in to the AWS console for the account which will host the data collector.
- Copy the link provided by Monte Carlo and paste it in your browser. In the page that opens, please name the CloudFormation stack, configure advanced options if necessary and click "Create Stack" to deploy it.
The data collector defaults to the most common setup, and most customers will keep the pre-populated default parameter settings when deploying its stack.
The following configurations are available for customized setups:
Template parameters to edit
I need to peer the collector's VPC with a VPC that overlaps with 10.0.0.0/16
I need to deploy the collector into an existing VPC in my account
I need to remove the cross-account role that allows remote upgrades of data collector code
I want to enable access logging for the gateway
This requires having an account-level IAM role in
I am going to integrate Monte Carlo with a Hive/Glue-based data lake
Updated 4 days ago